The first 2020 update for Star Wars Battlefront 2 here and with it comes a host of new content additions to the game. New maps are being added to the Supremacy (formerly Capitol Supremacy) playlist and new heroes are joining the fight. Clutch did a retro-review of Battlefront 2 a while back and we were very impressed by how far this game has come. Here’s what players have to look forward to early next week:
Age of Rebellion Focus
Now that the Age of Resistance has come to its end with the release of The Last Jedi, BF2 is bringing a renewed focus to the Age of Rebellion. For those who don’t know, this encompass the period between Rogue One and Return of the Jedi.
Starting next month, classic maps, including Scarif from Battlefront 2015, will be added to the Co-op and eventually the Supremacy playlists as well! This means we can finally spend more time enjoying some of the more classic heroes that felt absent from certain modes.
He’s HERE! BB-8 will now officially be a playable hero in Battlefront 2. With a focus on speed and agility, BB-8 is buzzing onto the battlefield with some great utility and fun abilities. Here’s what to expect:
- Rolling Charge: Similar to Han’s shoulder charge, BB-8 surges forward and knocks back enemies.
- Shock Prod: Electrifies enemies and applies shock damage over time
- Resistance Backing: Reveals nearby enemies, weakens them, and scrambles their radar
- Cable Spin: A high-damage circular area of effect ability
- Passives: Technical Support doubles BB-8’s Objective capture speed, Swift Reaction increases team cooldowns around him, and BB-8 also heals with each kill.
In order to balance the adorable BB-8, the dark side is also getting a droid of their own. You may remember BB-9E from his sneaky role in The Last Jedi! While slightly less functional from an offensive standpoint BB-9E brings other benefits to the field that his counterpart does not:
- Smoke Screen: Blinds and reveals enemies (similar to Lando Calrissian)
- Charge Up: Puts nearby ally weapons on super success mode with no heat buildup and decreased cooldowns
- Shock Spin: Damages and pushes back nearby enemies, overheats weapons of enemies in a wider radius.
- Passives: Technical Support for faster Objective capture (same as BB-8), Bacta Support periodically heals nearby allies, and also health on kills.
Age of Resistance Coming to Supremacy
Finally the newest maps covering the Age of Resistance will be joining the Supremacy playlist. Players can expect to see Ajan Kloss, Jakku, and Takonana maps starting early next week. In addition to these new maps, new ships will also be introduced including the MC85 Star Cruiser and Resurgent-Class Star Destroyer.
Alongside these great additions, some quality of life adjustments are being brought forward as well:
- Era Select (as in Co-Op) is being brought to Supremacy next month
- Auto Players can now appear as Droidekas and can now us melee attacks! Be careful out there.
- Flame Troopers received a UI update that shows the range of their flamethrower (thank goodness).
- Ovissian Gunners can now spool up their guns using the Zoom button. Changes to spooling have been added to both reinforcements as well as Heavy Sentry abilities.
- Many other balance changes to popular heroes
It’s great to see the continued additions being piled on to an already great game. With so much more to coming in the near future, it’s clear that Battlefront 2 isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. See you on the Battlefront!