Chances are you are here because you have a great moment worth saving to your phone. Thankfully our killtaculars and team kills are no longer held to the constraints of “vid or it didn’t happen.”
In this console generation saving your clips (or what Xbox calls “caputres”) is easier than ever. Getting your capture off of your Xbox is as simple as downloading the Xbox app, and following a few easy steps:
5 Easy Steps to get your clips off your Xbox
- Tap the icon in the top left
- Select “captures” from the menu
- Choose your clip from the list
- Tap the Share icon (example to the right)
- Select “save” from the following screen.
What’re gonna do with your Xbox capture?
Now that you have your clip, you can share it anywhere online to get those sweet views. What if I were to tell you that you could save your clip, edit it, add commentary, and share it to a community of gamers in one place?
Enter Clutch; a mobile app that does exactly that. Why use one app to download, a second app to edit, and a third app to share? When you give it some thought, it seems silly to do things that way doesn’t it?
Let’s walk through uploading to Clutch.
Uploading your Xbox Clips to Clutch
- Tap the (+) Icon
- Select Xbox Live from the list
- Choose your clip and tap “Next”
- Trim your clip by dragging the circles to the desired point.
- Slow down or speed up your clip by dragging the button left or right.
- Add audio or video commentary here by tapping “Record.”
- From here you can upload your edited clip to Clutch AND Twitter in the same step!
After you’ve uploaded to Clutch, your clip can be potentially seen by THOUSANDS of gamers just like you.
Let’s face it. If you’re looking to download your clip, you likely did something really awesome. You want other gamers to see it, and appreciate it. Instead of hoping gamers come to you, how about you come to them?