Infinity Ward has unveiled and released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 4 after delaying it a week due to unrest across the globe. The Season will include new Operators, new maps, new weapons, and more, much like Season 3. The Season 4 battle pass includes a plethora of unlocks including cosmetics as well as two new weapons.
There is a ton of content available from the start, with more to be released throughout the course of Season 4.
New Operator – Price
Captain Price, or Bravo Six as he’s commonly referred to, was instrumental in the take down of Barkov alongside Alex. He now heads up Task Force 141 and his mission is to take down Russian terrorist Mr. Z. He has already sent one of his Operators in to gather intelligence, Ghost.
Price now joins the fight in Verdansk and players can play as him with a purchase of the battle pass. He has multiple skins that can be unlocked through missions as well as some new takedowns.
There are two more Operators joining the fight in Verdansk later in Season 4. Sgt. Kyle ‘Gaz’ Garrick, another member of Task Force 141 who specializes in demolitions and surveillance, and Roze, an ex-Ranger who excels in close combat.
The Season 4 Battle Pass sees two new weapons being added to players’ arsenals with the Fennec SMG and the CR-56 AMAX assault rifle. Both weapons are free unlocks on the battle pass and are unlocked at Tier 15 and Tier 31 respectively.
The Fennec is a rapid rate of fire SMG that boasts great recoil control. This makes the SMG not only ideal for close engagements, but viable as a medium range weapon as well. The range can be boosted further with with two barrels that add to damage range and accuracy.
The CR-56 AMAX assault rifle is balanced across all categories with a boost in damage for quicker time-to-kill. With a variety of attachments, players can turn this weapon into an assortment of variations to fit their play-style.
As with each new Season, new maps make an appearance for each Multiplayer game mode for those who have the full version of Modern Warfare. At launch there will be one new map each for Standard Multiplayer, Ground War, and Gunfight.
Scrapyard is available for Standard Multiplayer and sees players fighting amid a graveyard for old, scrapped aircraft. The abundance of cover makes maneuvering key to success on this map. Snipers can cover sight lines between the strewn out aircraft hulls.
Think about adding FMJ to your weapon on this map as the aircraft hulls can easily be penetrated.
Call of Duty: Warzone players will be familiar with this location being added to Ground War. Promenade features a main road flanked on both sides by multi-level buildings and an assortment of shops and outdoor areas. The verticality of this map adds an extra element of danger when traversing between buildings.
A sniper on a rooftop can have a field day with those below. However, there are so many rooftop locations available on this map you can easily be cut down if you are not scanning them as well.
Veterans of Standard Multiplayer will recognize this area as similar to that of the trench area in Grazna Raid. An interconnected series of trenches amidst a battleground. Players can opt to hop out of the trench for more mobility, but to do so exposes you to your enemies who may be lying in wait.
One more map, Cheshire Park, will be revealed later in Season 4 as well.
Three new modes will be arriving during Season 4: Team Defender, One in the Chamber, and All or Nothing.
Team Defender forces one player to hold a flag while being defended by teammates. This mode seems similar to modes in other games such as Halo’s Oddball.
One in the Chamber gives every player one bullet, but makes it so a single bullet can kill. Earn more bullets by getting kills, but be careful as each player is only given three lives.
All or Nothing is a Free-For-All mode deathmatch in which all players only get a pistol and one throwing knife.
These modes will appear later on as Season 4 progresses.
Season 4 brings an abundance of changes to the free-to-play Warzone mode of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. From in-game events to new modes, there is something for everyone.
Warzone In-Game Events
Three new in-game events are now live in Warzone: Fire Sale, Jailbreak, and Supply Chopper. Every game one of these three events has a chance to take place about midway through the match.
Fire Sale discounts everything you can buy from the buy stations across the map up to 80%. Self-revives are given away for free during the event, making this the perfect time for your team to hit a buy station and fully kit themselves out.
Jailbreak sees every player still in the match that has been eliminated brought back into the fight. Whether you’re in the Gulag waiting for your match or spectating your lone surviving teammate, be prepared to be dropped back into Verdansk.
Supply Chopper brings just that, supply choppers to the map for players to shoot down. Once a chopper is shot down, players can find an assortment of items to pick up including a grenade launcher, armor and ammo boxes, as well as a ton of cash among other random item drops.
Warzone Limited Time Modes
Alongside the three in-game events, Warzone will see three new limited time modes during Season 4: Warzone Rumble, Juggernaut Royale, and BR Realism.
Warzone Rumble is available at launch of Season 4. It pits two teams of 50 against each other in a large scale Team Deathmatch on the Warzone map, Verdansk. Players still find weapons and items on the ground just as in the Battle Royale.
Juggernaut Royale sees three care packages dropped onto the map that hold the Juggernaut killstreak. Players who pick these killstreaks up will have higher health, a mini-gun, and zero fall damage accompanied by an area of ground pound damage when jumping from higher heights. When a Juggernaut is killed, a new care package is dropped in with the killstreak.
BR Realism will have the same rule set as the multiplayer mode. There will be minimal HUD and headshot damage is increased, making precision shots much more viable.
In Warzone, ground loot has once again been overhauled forcing players to adapt to new weapons when dropping in. The M13 has been added back in with a suppressor alongside the re-introduction of the MP7, taking the place of the M4 and Uzi respectively. New Rare to Legendary blueprint weapons can be found throughout supply boxes across Verdansk.
Contraband is a new contract available in Warzone in which players receive a case of contraband they must deliver to a specific spot on the map. Once there, an extraction helicopter is called in to retrieve the contraband. During this time any nearby players can easily see this taking place, so be on the lookout.
The Season 4 Battle Pass contains a plethora of additional Operator skins, weapon blueprints, and cosmetics such as stickers, charms, and emblems for players to unlock. Some are free to all players, but to unlock them all players much purchase the premium battle pass.
Lastly, more Trials are available in Season 4 to include:
- Price’s Alley – Infinite: Engage waves of mixed enemies on Crash.
- Quad Race: Race an ATV across Arklov Peak.
- Risky Parkour: Parkour across diverse maps where the floor is covered in deadly gas. Be prepared to try it at night.
- Clear the Area: Eliminate hostiles and clear the area on Azhir Cave.
- Free Roam Parkour: Navigate through obstacles on Talsik Backlot as fast as possible.
Modern Warfare Season 4 is here and with comes a host of fixes for each mode. Here is a list of the most notable updates to the game.
- Fix for a bug where the Ghost Perk was not hiding players from the Heartbeat Sensor when viewing the killcam.
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to activate a Nuke after getting the appropriate number of kills.
- Fix for an issue where some players could find long wait times when attempting to load into Ground War matches.
- Fix for a bug where neutral Hardpoints were appearing yellow instead of grey.
- Added new weapon perks to the Specialist Bonus (the bonus earned after getting 8 kills while specialist is active): Frangible-Disabling, Frangible-Wounding, Mo’Money, Recon, Heavy Hitter, FMJ, Presence of Mind.
- Fixes to help prevent an issue where players were able to move before the match countdown timer completed.
- Lowered ammo count for reload warning on belt fed LMG.
- Fixed bug with HDR and Sleight of Hand where reloading would not give ammo to the player.
- Fix for a bug where a player was stuck in 3rd person gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where unlocking an Operator skin in Co-Op would not unlock the base skin for that Operator as well.
- Fixed a bug where the game would not end correctly if the last player alive used Team Revive immediately before dying.
Special Operations: Survival:
- Fix for being able to duplicate the Juggernaut Suit Munition minigun.
- Fix for rare instances of waves not ending properly.
- Fixed an exploit on St. Petrograd where players could fully hide from soldiers behind a bar.
- Loot Update: New weapons and updated Blueprints! Be on the lookout for the Fennec, CR-56 Amax, Renetti, and more!
- Fixed a bug where players were able to drop their weapon in the Gulag.
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to duplicate Self Revive kits.
- After completing the Contraband Mission and calling in the extract helicopter, players could shoot the helicopter without receiving hit markers and the helicopter would remain on screen indefinitely.
For a full list of patch notes, visit Infinity Ward’s official website.
Modern Warfare Season 4 is another great update to an already hugely successful game. This update will give players more to strive for and enjoy, while bring back some players that may have moved on to other games for the time being.
Additionally, the Standard Multiplayer and 3v3 Gunfight will be free for all players from June 12 – 15 through the Warzone launcher for those who have yet to purchase the full version of the game.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 4 is currently live.