Meta has officially announced that they are growing their AR offering with the introduction and implementation of AR Ads on Instagram, which they note is powered by Meta Spark which is currently in open beta.
According to the official announcement: “AR Ads can help you create immersive experiences, encourage people to virtually try out your business’ products and inspire people to interact with your brand. Advertisers can now drive scale of their AR effects across Facebook and Instagram using the Awareness, Reach and Traffic objectives.”
The statements says that by “adding augmented reality effects to mobile ads can significantly improve campaign performance, and we have found that advertisers see additional value in including Facebook AR ads to their current campaign strategies.”
If you’re interested in creating AR ads, here are the steps:
- Go to Ads Manager.
- Tap the green + Create button.
- Choose between the following campaign objectives that support AR ads: Brand Awareness, Traffic, Conversions (Facebook only), Reach
- Enter all required information and settings for the campaign and ad set.
- On ad level, select Add an Instant Experience.
- Tap the Choose a Template selector and select the AR Experience template. A new pop-up window will appear.